Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Chapter 3: The Redstone Master

Chapter 3
Beef walked toward his destination and in to the building. There were tables and chairs and a counter to the left. “So what’s on the menu?” Beef asked the man behind the counter.

“We have sandwiches, you can get beef or pork, the chicken went to my other shop,” Kurt replied reading a book on the counter.

“I’ll have pork and a glass of water with ice,” Kurt turned around and took out the pork and bread and handed it to Vintagebeef.

“The water and ice are in the cooler behind you,” he said.

“Thanks man…”replied Beef trying to figure out a good way to bring up his question. “Kurt you need to come out of retirement,” he finally blurted out.

Kurt slowly closed his book and sighed. “I’ve said it before, I don’t do redstone anymore…I gave it up after the…incident,” he paused before saying incident. He had a solemn look on his face, a tortured expression of someone who doesn’t want to remember an event from their past.

“Look, we have a code magenta and we need your expertise…” he said slowly.

Kurt suddenly looked nervous, “I want to help but I can’t. Ask Etho or Generik, I augh them good enough to handle whatever is needed,” he started to turn away.

“Wait, I didn’t want to do this but I’m calling in the favor you owe me,” Beef said, catching Kurt off guard. “When I taught you how to walk, you said you’d pay me back the next time I needed a favor. This is that time.”

Kurt put is head down, face in his hand. “Fine, I’ll do it. Just let me grab some supplies” He walked over to a nearby chest revealing it to be filled with stacks upon stacks of redstone and redstone blocks. “I never could bring myself to get rid of the stuff. Get Etho and Generik and have them meet me at-“

“We’re meeting in town first,” Beef said cutting him off. “We need to fully organize”

“Ok fine, I’ll meet you there, just got to stop at my base real quick first,” then without another word he walked out the door and towards the nearby mountains.


Beef looked toward him, nervous if he had made the right decision. Maybe pressuring him after the incident was too much. He walked back toward the nether. He had to gather everyone. Luckily Guude and  Zisteau were doing the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment